Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can people with flat feet still perform ballet?

I danced for 5 or 6 years when I was younger, taking courses in ballet, tap, and jazz. I didn't go to the most complex dance school, but I love dancing and the arts. I would love to get back into it. However, my feet are flat, and I'm worried I will never be able to take ballet. When I was in dance, my teacher promised us pointe shoes, but we never got them. I don't know how I would have done. Ballet and tap are my favorites. Also, are there any free dancing studios out there where you can learn?



Can people with flat feet still perform ballet?hollywood theater



My brother had flat feet, he took ballet, tap, jazz, modern etc. He went to school and became a teacher. When he started to teach his girls pointe he decided he needed to teach in pointe shoes. When he did he noticed he started to get a arch.



But, it takes years of training and your teacher decision for you to start pointe, usually your 13, 'cause the bones in your feet have fused.



As for free I know when my dad got laid off my studio let us work it of, cleaning the room, answering phones etc.



Can people with flat feet still perform ballet?opera.com opera theater



you can absolutely succeed in ballet with flat feet regardless of what someone on here is going to tell you. i have like miniscule arches and ive danced for 21 years. ther are people with fantastic arches who are idiots about the way they dance, and roll over their first time on pointe, bust their achilles, and never dance again. its your heart, not your feet.



good luck with pursuing your interest!
Anybody with flat feet can learn if thier heart is in it
fine. i am the best slow dancer around. (even ask my gf) and i have a foot arc of 1 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd