Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can someone please help me with my grammer?

Correct the Sentence ( Proper Coma use).. THANK YOU!



(1) President Lincoln's orginal intention was to save the Union, not to destroy slavery.



(2) For centuries people believed that that Greek culture has developed in isolation from the world. Today however scholarsare acknoledging the contributions made by Egypt and in the middle east.



(3) Eating raw limpets, I found out, is like trying to eat art gum erasers.



(4) Fortunatly science is creating many alternatives to research performed on animals.



(5) While the machine was printing the oversized paper jam.



Can someone please help me with my grammer?theatre



I'm not sure of these answers but these are the best answers that i can give you:



(1) President Lincoln's original intention was to save the Union and not to destroy slavery.



(2) For centuries, people believed that Greek culture has developed in isolation from the world. Today however, scholars are acknowledging the contributions made in Egypt and in the middle east.



(3) I found out that eating raw limpets is like trying to eat art gum erasers.



(The use of comma in this sentence is correct but it may be lessened/eliminated in order to sound better)



4) Fortunately, science is creating many alternatives to research performed on animals.



(5) While the machine was printing, the oversized (can also be "oversize") paper jammed.



God bless you =)



Can someone please help me with my grammer?opera music opera theater



1: correct as is.



2: commas isolate however.



3: correct as is.



4: comma after fotrunatEly.



5: comma after printing



Re: #5. To the best of my knowledge, jam is made of fruit. Do you mean "the oversize paper jammed"?



Also: acknowledging, Middle East, and Art Gum



Oh yes, and grammar, not grammer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd