Thursday, December 10, 2009

Experienced! Doesn't it chafe your rear when you meet know it alls who acutally think they know

As a seasoned performer of the arts, I pride myself on being unlimitedly open to other ideas. I wasn't always that way. A time back, I thought Sondheim musicals were the only musicals that should EVER be performed... lol But, now, I am more mature, older. I understand that it takes all kinds, raw, trained, young, old, racially diverse, tone deaf, method and works in progress, to be able to create the world of theatre. There are countless tales from seasoned, now famous and admired actors who were told to get the hell off the stage, out of film, because they couldn't become anyone....



I just wondered, if you guys have any stories about wind bag professionals who told you you weren't ever going to 'make it'... yet here you are, still doing it and loving it? Is there anyone out there who WASN'T discouraged by the non know it alls of acting and theatre?



Experienced! Doesn't it chafe your rear when you meet know it alls who acutally think they know it all?comedy show



On the other side of that token, what about the ignorant ones who only want instant fame without doing any work? And I mean ANY work? They don't want to study their craft, they don't want to start with small jobs, in fact they want to choose the auditions they go on and limit them to one specific company. Many don't understand what it takes to make it and don't want to make any move whatsoever toward their goal except to post something here to the effect of "I want to be on Disney, make it happen for me" and when someone tells them exactly how to do that and the hurdles they may encounter with telling an agent they'll only work for one company, they choose a best answer that consists of, "go to the mall and wait for John Robert Powers to discover you, you go girl!"



Yet, many of us persist and give these kids real advice and don't just shove them off unless they continue to post the same inane questions because they didn't get what they want to hear. Not to mention the ones that attack us personally even though we've been where they hope to be and we know the ropes and are offering them real information. It's a shame our society has (or their parents have) spoiled them to the point where unless we wrap it up and present things on a silver platter, some of them think we are unworthy of giving them the advice they desire. It's never enough.



Others however are very grateful which is the only reason I continue to give the advice that I do. Now I'm wondering if you'll get a bunch of Disney wannabe fans :-) or if they won't bother to read your question.



That's my two cents.



Experienced! Doesn't it chafe your rear when you meet know it alls who acutally think they know it all?greek theater opera theater



Actually I find it rather amusing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's all in how you perceive things. Maybe that person who told you you couldn't make it inspired you and egged you on to prevail,,,,,



Ya never know
No, actually I AM a windbag know-it-all who tells people to forget it. It's on my resume. It's great fun and it's always easier to criticize others than to improve yourself. And to cure a chaffed rear do what I did. Have a piece of mistletoe tattooed on the small of your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd