Saturday, December 5, 2009

Using Your Art To Pay Tribute?

How many of you have ever painted a painting as a way to pay tribute to someone, alive or dead? I鈥檓 just curious. Was it a relative, a hero or some kind? Someone who somehow inspired you in some profound way?



Sadly, I鈥檝e only painted tributes two times. The first one (and the first painting I ever sold) was from a photograph of Miles Davis on stage performing at the Newport Jazz Festival. Then several years ago, for some weird reason, I painted the one that I鈥檝e posted a link to here:



http://pics.livejournal.com/unmired/pic/...



Yes, I know it seems cartoonish and not like anything else I鈥檝e ever painted. But if you can figure out who it鈥檚 a tribute to you鈥檒l understand why I painted it this way. By the way, I鈥檓 working on a large painting now that pays tribute to the folk music scene from the 1960s. Wish me luck because I鈥檓 not sure if I can do the subject matter justice. If always makes me a little nervous when I鈥檓 tackling something I haven鈥檛 tried before.



Using Your Art To Pay Tribute?oper



Was it a tribute to Jim Henson? That's who I thought of anyway. I have painted (copied) portraits of Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan off album covers years ago so I wish you great success with your ambitious project about 60's folk music. Sounds like fun!



Here's my work....



http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?ArtI...



But nothing there is copied.



Using Your Art To Pay Tribute?hollywood theater opera theater



I did, to my master the catalan painter Antoni Tapies
I haven't but Good Luck with your latest

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd